As the state of Illinois being one of the country’s manufacturing leaders, we thought that its largest city would make the perfect venue for our event.
Renowned for the diversity of its suburban industry, Chicago is a ‘smart city’ rife with integrated technological innovations designed to make everyday life easier for everyone. Small wonder that Boeing moved its corporate headquarters to Chicago at the dawn of the 21st century.
REVEL FULTON MARKET
Located in one of Chicago’s old industrial neighborhoods, you will be charmed by this old dry storage building that was converted into an urban-chic warehouse: the perfect mix between industrial styling and luxury.
This spacious and atypical venue is a great representation of the current challenges in manufacturing: a transition from the meatpacking district into a trendy one, attracting high-tech companies and ideas. The perfect setting to hold the first edition of Industry 4.0 ThinkTank.
In an effort to make your planning easier, here is a selection of hotels located near the Revel Fulton Market. After all, the less time you spend commuting between your hotel and the event, the more time you have to savor your visit!
- Ace Hotel 6 minutes on foot/2 minutes by car
- Allegro 10 minutes by car
- Crowne Plaza 5 minutes by car
- Godfrey Hotel 13 minutes by car
- Hotel Chicago 6 minutes by car
- Hotel Felix 13 minutes by car
- Hyatt 15 minutes by car
- Marriot 10 minutes by car
- Soho House 15 minutes on foot / 4 minutes by car
- W 10 minutes by car
For your transportation needs within the city itself, there are several options that will make your visit more enjoyable and worry-free, be it to make it from the airport to your hotel, or from the Revel Fulton Market [AM1] to a local restaurant.
- Bus or train
- Universal Taxi Dispatch (888) 344-8294
- City Service Taxi +1 773-561-6600
- Chicago Suburban Taxi Cab, Inc. +1 847-960-3895
- Hotel services — More info to come!
- Parking options
Where to eat?
First off, during the duration of the event, you will have access to a buffet of coffee and various snacks, in addition to lunch breaks, provided to you freely.
For your off-site gastronomic needs, we recommend that you download a restaurant finder app to your smartphone, such as OpenTable. This way you can quickly find a restaurant you like, make reservations, and get directions.
For a quick overview of Chicago’s restaurants, try this helpful website.
As the third most populated city in the United States, Chicago is teeming with tourist spots and interesting places to visit. There is much to discover, so we’ve made a short selection for you, just to whet your appetite:
- Adler Planetarium
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- Millenium Park (including Cloud Gate, Crown Fountain, the Jay Pritzker Pavilion, the Boeing Galleries, etc.)
- Navy Pier
- “The Picasso” sculpture
- Shedd Aquarium
- The Field Museum
- Willis Tower
- Walking Tour
- 360 Chicago (formerly the John Hancock Observatory)
- Museum of Science and Industry